Registers Service, Emotional Support, and Therapy Animals

Emotional Support Animal Requirements

Any animal can be an Emotional Support Animal

Emotional Support Animals have a right to housing and can travel on an airline for free with a note from a licensed mental health provider or doctor. 

Only certain types of animals are allowed to travel in the airline cabin or travel for free.  Please check with your airline prior to travel for their specific rules regarding Service Animals and Emotional Support Animals.

The Fair Housing Act requires Landlords to modify policies, procedures, or practices to permit an individual with a disability to use, own, and live with a service and/or emotional support animal when doing so is necessary to provide a tenant with an equal opportunity to use and enjoy the dwelling.   Landlords must make reasonable accommodations for your pet.

We do not need a letter from a doctor or therapist to register your pet.   

Landlords cannot:
*  Charge pet rent or pet deposits for Emotional Support Animals
*  Require an Emotional Support Animal to have any specific training
*  Inquire about the extent of the disability or ask for detailed medical records for the individual requesting the service or emotional support animal,  

   but the property manager can ask for a note from a doctor or licensed therapist. 

Airlines Travel:

*  Check with the airline to determine if they accept Emotional Support Animals

*   Most airlines require animals that are not Service Animals to travel as a cabin pet and pay a fee

*  If the airline accepts an Emotional Support Animal, they will require a note from a licensed therapist or doctor 

              *  Dogs and cats do not have to be in a carrier but they must be on a leash.   The pet can sit on your lap during the flight. 

              *  Notify the airline when making reservation that you are traveling with an Emotional Support Animal.  

*   Check with the airline if you are traveling with a pet that is not a dog or cat.  There may be restrictions on the types of pets that can travel in the

    cabin of the plane.   

What Is An Emotional Support Animal?

Emotional Support Animals provide some therapeutic benefit to a person

with depression or anxiety.  Types of animals that can be registered as

Emotional Support Animals include dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, ferrets, birds,

monkeys, bearded dragons, and pigs, etc.


Federal law does not require these animals to have any specific training.

The animal must have good social skills and not be aggressive toward

people or other animals.  The animal must be under your control at all times.

Register My Service Animal, LLC is not responsible for the behavior of any animal.   

Register My Service Animal, LLC
33611 N. 79th StreetScottsdale, AZ85266US
Phone: (480) 575-5655 Website: