Register My Service Animal, LLC is not responsible for the behavior of any animal.
Emotional Support Animals have a right to housing and can travel on an airline for free with a note from a licensed mental health provider or doctor.
Only certain types of animals are allowed to travel in the airline cabin or travel for free. Please check with your airline prior to travel for their specific rules regarding service animals.
The Fair Housing Act requires Landlords to modify policies, procedures, or practices to permit an individual with a disability to use, own, and live with a service and/or emotional support animal when doing so is necessary to provide a tenant with an equal opportunity to use and enjoy the dwelling. Landlords must make reasonable accommodations.
We do not need a letter from a doctor or therapist to register your pet.
* Charge pet rent or pet deposits for Emotional Support Animals
* Require an Emotional Support Animal to have any specific training
* Inquire about the extent of the disability or ask for detailed medical records for the individual requesting the service or emotional support animal,
but the property manager can ask for a note from a doctor or licensed therapist.
* Airlines cannot charge a cabin pet fee for Emotional Support Animals
* The airline will ask for a note from a licensed therapist or doctor
* Dogs and cats do not have to be in a carrier but they must be on a leash. The pet can sit on your lap during the flight.
* Notify the airline when making reservation that you are traveling with an Emotional Support Animal. Check with the airline if you are traveling with a pet that is not a dog or cat. There may be restrictions on the types of pets that can travel in the cabin of the plane.
What Is An Emotional Support Animal?
Emotional Support Animals provide some therapeutic benefit to a person
with depression or anxiety. Types of animals that can be registered as
Emotional Support Animals include dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, ferrets, birds,
monkeys, bearded dragons, and pigs, etc.
Federal law does not require these animals to have any specific training.
The animal must have good social skills and not be aggressive toward
people or other animals. The animal must be under your control at all times.
Any animal can be an Emotional Support Animal